Thursday 13 August 2015

Meeting day

Hi everyone,

I type and I procrastinate.  I'm sitting here by the fire in my overalls with the cat in my lap, putting off the moment when I need to go and shave and pack a bag for the weekend.

I've been off my game all day, I'm afraid to say: given instructions I can seem to hold them in my head for a few femtoseconds but not much more.  Sadly, this has included at work; I suspect my boss may be wondering if there's anything inside my head except a whistling wind and occasional tumbleweeds.


We had the 'family meeting' at the hospital this afternoon.  I went from work, and dad came in, and Little Sister and Second Oldest Sister came up from Melbourne.  We heard from mum's treating rehabilitation physician, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Social Worker.  It was a really productive meeting: mum may or may not make a full recovery - we won't know for some time - but with a little planning it will go much smoother.  I truly can't fault the care there: more caring and reassuring staff are hard to imagine.

Tonight was rooftop safety training night at SES, a large whack of which was put in train by Madison and me.  It's great to be able to help the newer volunteers learn.  And I learned a bit too, rooftop being still my weakest skill set.

This weekend (from tomorrow evening) I'm back down to Creswick for the balance of the peer support course.  Kinda looking forward to a weekend of learning.  Just hope it's warmer than last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment