Thursday 3 December 2015

Road Crash Rescue revision: Chapter Three "Road Rescue Vehicle & Equipment"

Hi everyone,
[Explanation from the first post in this series] I’ve been posting questions on Facebook Notes to help both me and my friends prepare for our “Road Crash Rescue Operator” assessment.  It struck me that a lot of the questions would have essentially universal answers, and that it could be interesting to compare notes where the answers aren’t universal.  So, I’ll run a series of posts setting out the questions that I’ve prepared – after they’ve been up for a while I’ll put the questions in the comments.
The questions are all drawn from the Country Fire Authority / State Emergency Service’s Road Rescue Learning Manual (2nd Ed., Melbourne, 2008).
And now, today’s questions:

Where might it be appropriate to use hand-operated rescue equipment (for example, porta-power gear)?
What is the ideal position for shears to be in while cutting?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a step-block with the flat side up?
What are the minimal required PPC/E?
What weights can be lifted with high- and low-pressure air bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment